We Want To Help You Tell Your Story
I love County Government and consider it a privilege to serve on NACo's Board of Directors and Executive Committee. NACo has an amazing staff and provides valuable services to counties across the United States. As county leaders we have a great story to share with our communities. We can and must do a better job telling the story of NACo, our state associations, county government and what we do for our citizens every day.
Between now and the NACo Annual Conference Team Leinbach will work hard to help you “Tell Your Story” to elected officials, the media and to the people who matter most – your county residents!
We believe there are three keys to “Telling Your Story” Effectively.
State and Federal Officials
- Establish personal relationships with your elected officials.
- Participate in your State County Association and NACo events designed to further engage elected officials.
- Respond promptly to requests from these elected officials.
- Establish relationships with key reporters and ensure that they have your contact information including your cell phone.
- Be available to the media. Don’t play “hard to find.”
- Become a trustworthy on-the-record source.
- Respond timely to communications (letter, email, phone, messaging, etc.)
- Attend events and connect personally with constituents.
- Be accessible!
- State and Federal Officials
- The Media
- The Public
- Distribute information and alerts from state associations and NACo.
- Use your social media and website as public information portals.
- Participate in elected official forums whenever possible.
- Be the county leader that is always providing clear, concise and reliable information about issues important to your residents.
Empower you and your county team.
- To be recognized by your state and federal delegation as …
- To be respected by your constituents as …
- To be recognized by media representatives as …
- A reliable source regarding county related issues.
- A connected person to your state association and NACo.
- A county leader that is working with all levels of government.
- A county leader that listens and engages with the citizens, elected officials and media representatives.
Meet Christian Leinbach
Christian Yancik Leinbach was born in 1959 in northwestern Chester County, Pennsylvania and is the oldest of five children born to Christian N. and Valeria Y. Leinbach.Meet Christian
Tools to tell your story
Here are tools, guidelines and directions on how you as a county leader can better communicate the great work that you, your county, your state association and NACo are doing for your county everyday. These are tools and helps that every county leader can use and there is no cost or commitment.Explore the Tools